Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Newly Found Spontaneity

Fuzzy Robot called me on Saturday after I was leaving an incredibly boring wedding reception. (Note to Self: have fun at your own wedding reception.) I was on my way to buy eggs. Not that I usually buy eggs on a Saturday night, but Pamchenko felt more comfortable with the idea of starting next week off with a fridge full of eggs seeing that the fam's coming over and all. She even encouraged me, if my means allowed it, to buy more than I usually do. That wasn't hard because any amount of eggs is more than zero.
Back to Robot. So, while buying my eggs, she let me in on her plans to appropriately celebrate the summer weekend: scones and fireworks. The time was already 8:00pm, which brings up my point. Before the mission, I would have never agreed to go with Robot.
On the mish, you have to be flexible and creative. You never know what's going to come flying your way. Investo emergencies, bike accidents, your comp gets lost, and the worst- UNPLANNED TIME! That's when and where I developed my spontaneity.
In a typical "Before Tian" universe (which I will now designate as BT), I just couldn't get myself to do something other than the Already Planned on a weekend. Was I that boring? So stiff that I surpressed friendship in order to not violate my mental planning? If what I had planned for my Saturday was a movie and pizza, then I couldn't possibly squeeze in an hour of stopping by an ill-prepared party. What's planned is what will be lived! No exceptions.
Robot and I decided this is hereditary because Heider is totally the same way. Robot is completely opposite. She can schedule three events for one evening plus add four more during the course of events. Can you imagine? She's at a pool party at 6:00 and an old friend calls and wants to catch up and so she squeezes them in during the after-swim BBQ and her blind date at 8:00. I would have needed 5:00 to 8:00 just to calm myself before the date.
GOOD NEWS all you impulsive ones. I have broken the curse. After Tian is much more exciting and on her toes. I totally attended a sage and yellow reception, bought excessive amounts of eggs, ate a monster of a scone, watched the fireworks, and helped Robot's little brother sell glowsticks (which is right next door to the mish by the way, "Who else do you know that would like to buy a glowstick?") all in the course of one night.

2 comments:

Heiderhead said...

I resent this post.

Unknown said...

Oh Heiders,
You are spontaneous sometimes too!
Do not be mad. We did talk about you all night and how much fun it would be if you were there. AND I saved you a glowstick. Sorry, it doesn't work anymore...would you accept a cookie?