Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Look for a New Year

In honor of the New Year, I gave bloggy a new outfit and accessories. This is my way of encouraging myself to blog more. We'll see if that really works. However, I don't think the title "eggs and toast" really suites the sleek black background, or the new pics. Hum. I've been brainstorming new titles, clever ones that make me feel sophisticated and thin, like an Asian. (Stole that from Rachel Getting Married).

The problem is "eggs and toast" is a sentimental yet accessible title. Chenko use to sing the little phrase while shuffling to the breakfast table in the morning, bowls of zoom in hand. Its perky tri-syllabic rhythm made it easily interchangeable with other random phrases. Phrases like "bits of dew" and "walk to school" often spontaneously awoke myself and the elder four in the morning.

And then there's just the nostalgic and satiated goodness that the combination of sunny-side-up eggs and buttery toast brings to your heart. No, no, EGGS AND TOAST forever! Hips and Breasts for women!

1 comment:

shelley said...

Love the new look - very sleek. I love the picture. And I agree, eggs and toast should stay.