Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow


I was properly raised on the Michael Curtiz's classic "White Christmas." In fact, it took me a good ten years before I realized I would never be able to tap my foot as fast as Vera Ellen does in the piece "Choreography." That was a sad day. Heider Head has as thin as ankles as Vera Ellen, but she also can't tap her foot that fast. I know. I've seen her try.



Every Christmas season we (meaning Chenko and I) watch "White Christmas." And every year I realize how hot Rosemary Clooney is. Seriously, Hollywood just doesn't make them like that anymore. Where have all the curves gone? Anyway, I justed wanted to make that quick little plug for humanity during the Chrismas season because Christmas is made of cheer. HIPS AND BREASTS FOR WOMEN!

Maybe I'll make campaign buttons.

6 comments:

shelley said...

I have to admit, I'm not so sure why "White Christmas" is such a Christmas classic. I saw it for the first time last week, and while it had some seriously great dance sequences, costumes and that unmistakable 1950s era musicalness, I'm just not so sure why it's so popular. And there didn't seem to be enough Christmas in it to merit it as a full-blown Christmas movie.

However, I 100% agree with breasts and hips. I think making buttons would make BYU campus security nervous, and are therefore a brilliant idea.

Heiderhead said...

Hips and Breasts For Women!
Holly and Al!
Cut the Cord!

Where there is a Holly/Shelly Button Band Wagon, I'll be on it. Although it's not so needed in Texas as BYU. Down here they believe in not only hips and breasts but 'a onion on the back'as well.

Deven and Eva said...

I thought this post was about snow...SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!

Tian Tian said...

Devry, not to disappoint but, being such the snow connoisseur yourself, I thought you would have known that is the title to one of the best songs in the movie.
Shell, no hard feelings. I didn't like Twilight. Oh, wait...

IsabellaArchery said...

The sheer poundage of good memories associated with this movie cannot be measured. I begin with two choice quotes: "You might have been stuck with this weirdsmobile for life!" and "How much is 'wow'?" "Oh, right between 'ouch' and 'POING'!"

And end with a revelation: This was the first movie in which the two palsie-walsie girls, who inevitably are divided into the "wry side-kick" and the "pretty-one" didn't fit the mold for me. It was the first film where I compared the two side by side and thought, "The rail-thin one looks unhealthy! Has she got an eating disorder? The other one looks happier and healthier." It was a revelation of sorts. Somebody hand Vera Ellen a burger and a shake! And here's to hips! (Some of us lack the other things, but no matter, we'll wear the buttons anyway.)

Unknown said...

I will agree with the Rosemary art, although... look at her sister (sisters, sisters...)!!! Every time Vera does her awesome dances I am scared that her little waist just won't make it!

I do love that movie too and had to explain every little part to my mom who came in just a tad to late to know why Danny Kaye was trying to keep the general away from the TV.