Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Soundtrack for Life

Sometimes you might as well just get up.

It's 6:45 in the morning and I've been up since 4:00. Well, that is if you consider just lounging in bed wondering if you are going to fall back asleep as "being up." What really finally got me standing up and facing the reality that I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon were my bills. SERIOUSLY??? Terrible reason to get out of bed. But I paid them and then applied for two jobs while I was at it, and now I'm blogging. Oh, and I made a great cup of tea. And got three red heads up and dressed and fed and to the bus stop on time. Wow, this has already been a totally awesome day.

I actually only logged onto bloggy to listen to Poppiholla because I wanted to feel motivated, and epic. You know, there are just some songs that no matter how many times you listen to them you feel like you can conquer the world. And why not, right? Why not feel empowered to have an absolutely great day?

Now if only I could get theme music to play during different moments of my life. Man, characters in movies seriously have it made. Besides only having to live out one major story line, they have constant mood music.

Wouldn't that be totally awesome if right after you stuck it to the man, Natasha Bedingfield's "Strip Me" magically chirped above? Or how much easier would it be if the this-guy-is-a-jerk-beneath-those-dimples music played when you met who-seemed-to-totally-understand-me male? Whew, thank you mood music for saving me a whole lot of heartbreak and emotional eating.

But the music doesn't play automatically, and so thank you Chicane for empowering me.

No comments: