Monday, July 21, 2008

"Where Music and Fashion is Always the Passion!"

Bought two dresses over the weekend and it's all to blame on ProSc. I actually bought more than that but I don't want others to come to false assumptions about how much money I make because it would be, in a word, false.

ProSc is to blame because he's the one that gave the assignment to go shopping twice: once really dressed up in your bling bling, and once in your grunge. The point was to see if you were treated any differently, not to actually buy two dresses. Good thing I didn't go to a car lot.

I just like to shop.

Okay, I said it. Now, stereotype me in that mass of shallow women, but keep in mind that someday you will admit it too.

The first dress is a willowy blue with an empire waist that hits me about two inches below the knee. It is so innocent and romantic. It also looks great with my new collection of gold jewelry, compliments of Little Keebler. (She got me a really great pair of gold earrings for my day of birth.)

The second is the "momo" (thanks Jer for the NY adaptation of Mormon) version of the sexy little black dress. Little Keeb bought one two, that's how great it is. It does this really cool weave on the bodice and then swoops down with lots of material in the skirt for great fun when salsa dancing. Too bad the store didn't offer complimentary men to take you salsa dancing with purchase of the dress.

Anyway, as far as the actual assignment is concerned, I received the best service at Banana Republic, on my dressed down day. I did not even dry my hair that day, and I was wearing old flip flops which the clerk complimented. Maybe she felt sorry for me in my grungy mess and decided to be extra nice, all in the name of FASHION!

Chenko and Grandma went to Sears to buy a refrigerator. (We all went and saw Mama Mia together and laughed really hard at Remington trying to sing S.O.S.- good fun.) They reported that they walked through the store for about ten minutes until they were offered help. There were about five sales associates in the appliance department, all dressed really nice. Eventually, they were offered help by a young man dressed like he worked, according to Chenko, “in the back.” He was “so nice and cute, and did not wear a wedding ring.” His name is Brad and he is now my betrothed. What joy is mine. This is just like the time Chenko thought the UPS boy was cute and fitting for Heider so she began mailing lots of packages to Dallas in hopes that UPS boy would personally deliver them to Heider's front door.

Grandma commented that the other associates probably would have helped her had she been wearing her wig.

Good weekend.

6 comments:

shelley said...

Where would be without shopping? We would be in a lonely, cold, clothe-less world.

Shelton and Bethany said...

Do you remember how I did that psychology experiment in HS that sounds oddly akin to the assignment you just did? How come I didn't end up with two great dresses? I feel gypped.

As for my charismatic little sweetheart, I'm pretty sure that she inherited her great "food personality" from me. And I, of course, was partly trained by none other than your great pod and all of his exotic, squash filled dishes.

cy said...

Hahahah this was a good read!
Yep, more professors ought to assign shopping for hw!

Jeremy said...

I would just like you to know that I had "S.O.S." stuck in my head all afternoon after going to the Momo church yesterday.

And I'm still having Post-Traumatic Stress over Mamma Mia! I'm saddened that almost all of the women and gay men I know that have seen it have liked it. Hmm...

IsabellaArchery said...

I approve of shopping and anything described as "willowy" (except men, and possibly hamburgers, eck, that would just be weird).

Unknown said...

That's a good point Shelley!

I think that UPS set up is still one of my favorites. I wish he HAD delivered her a package! OK, I also wish he had delivered me a package.